Navratri, the word is formed using two words ‘Nava’ and ‘Ratri’. Nava means nine and Ratri means nights hence Navratri literally means nine nights. During the festival of Navratri, Maa Durga is worshipped and revered in Her various forms for ten days and nine nights. In 2014 the Navratri Festival will be celebrated from 25th Septemberto 3rd October, 2014. Navratri is celebrated with much gusto in the Hindu calendar month of Ashwin which is around September-October as per the Gregorian calendar. Although Navratri is celebrated multiple times during the year but the Navratri celebrated on the onset of winter in the month of Ashwin is considered as most important one and auspicious to perform Navratri Puja.
This Navratri is also known as Maha-Navratri or Sharad Navratri. The onset of winter and the nine nights of Navratri are considered as most auspicious period to perform devotional sadhanas, worship Goddess Durga and perform Navratri Puja. The nine manifestations of Goddess Durga are worshipped each day of Navratri these incarnations are Goddess Shailputri, Brahmcharni, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandamata, Katyayani, Kalratri, Mahagauri and Siddhidatri. Worshipping the nine Goddess is the primary ritual of any Navratri Puja.
- First 3 days (1st– 3rd day of Navratri): The first three days of the nine days are dedicated to Goddess Durga, the Goddess of power, on the first day barley seeds are sown in a mud pot and the pot is kept on the Puja Altar. • Second 3 days (4th – 6th day of Navratri): The second three days of the nine days are dedicated to Goddess Laxmi, the Goddess of wealth and prosperity. • Third 3 days (7th – 9th day of Navratri): The next three days of the nine days are dedicated to Goddess Saraswati, the Goddess of knowledge and learning
Navaratri the 9 divine nights of blessings
|Navaratri is the worship of the three divine goddesses, Saraswati (Goddess of learning and speech), Lakshmi (Goddess of wealth and prosperity), and Durga (Goddess of strength and courage). It is also said to be the battle that occurred between Goddess Chaamundeshwari and the asura (demon), Mahishaasura. The battle lasted 9 days and 9 nights. Finally, on the tenth day, Goddess Chaamundeshwari killed Mahishaasura. This day is known as Vijayadasami. Vijayadasami means the 10th day of victory. During the Navaratri or the Nine Nights, the whole of India adores the Mother and wor¬ships Her with great devotion. On the first three nights, Durga or the Destructive Aspect of the Mother is worshipped. On the succeeding three nights, it is the Creative Aspect or Lakshmi that is adored. And, on the last three nights, the knowledge aspect, or Sarasvati is invoked. The tenth is the Vijaya Dasami Day or the Day of Victory. There is a special significance in this arrangement. When the Devi is worshipped by a devotee, She first destroys the evil propensities that lurk in his mind; then She implants therein, the Daivi Sampat or the divine qualities conducive to spiritual unfoldment; then She bestows true knowledge on him; lastly the aspirant attains liberation or victory over Samsara. Navaratri is the most suitable occasion in the year to perform intense Sadhana. These nine days are most sacred. Just imagine the tremendous wave of spiritual vibration, which should sweep the land when millions of people, all over the world repeat the names of the Mother and sing Her glories! All the Devas are ever present in their subtle forms, where the names of Mother are uttered. They would bless you and help you on. You will receive valuable assistance from unknown sources, from the Rishis and Siddhas, if you do intense Sadhana during these nine days. Following are 9 forms of Mother Durga wellknown as Navadurga which are to be worshiped each day with their divine mantra on the occasion of Navaratri.
1) Shri Shaila Putri Devi Mantra:- OM HREEM SHRI SHAILAPUTRI DURGAAYE NAMAHA
2) Shri Brahamacharini Devi Mantra:- OM HREEM SHRI BRAHAMACHARINI DURGAAYE NAMAHA
3) Shri Chandra Ghanta Devi Mantra:- OM HREEM SHRI CHANDRA GHANTA DURGAAYE NAMAHA
4) Shri Kushmanda Devi Mantra:- OM HREEM SHRI KUSHMANDA DURGAAYE NAMAHA
5) Shri Skanda Mata Devi (Mother of Skanda/Kumara/Shanmukh/Karthik) Mantra:- OM HREEM SHRI SKANDA MATA DURGAAYE NAMAHA
6) Shri Katyayani Devi Mantra:- OM HREEM SHRI KATYAYANI DURGAAYE NAMAHA
7) Shri KAALA RATRI DEVI (Shubhamkari) Mantra:- OM HREEM SHRI KAALA RATRI DURGAAYE NAMAHA
8) Shri Maha Gauri Devi Mantra:- OM HREEM SHRI MAHA GAURI DURGAAYE NAMAHA SARAVA MANGALA MANGALYE SHIVE SARVARTHA SADHIKE SHARANYEI TRYMBAKE GAURI NARAYANI NAMOSTHUTE
9) Shri Siddhidatri Devi Mantra:- OM HREEM SHRI SIDDHIDATRI DURGAAYE NAMAHA
Chant daily 108 times above mantra for each form of Mother Durga Devi ,in addition chant her ,most divine bija mantra “OM HREEM DUM DURGAAYEI NAMAHA” These 9 divine nights are very powerful,peoples who are interested to do any sadhana’s to get siddhi,power and wealth than these 9 nights are very much suitable as these nights contains very powerfull vibrations. Worship Divine Mother in all her 9 forms and gets the boons.As everybody knows that Mother has no limit for boons and when her childs asks she will shower with all the boons which we never imagined.Remember these lines from Durga Sapthshati